Lonely.

posted on: Saturday, April 21, 2012



Something truly amazing is happening in my house. right. now.

Hunk and my brother-in-law are off on another fishing excursion. Kambrie, Brecken, and my Mom are buying last minute items for my baby shower (which happens to be this afternoon). And dear sweet Kelty is probably still in bed, because when you are 23 and single you still have the luxury of sleeping in until mid-afternoon.

And I am at home, alone. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and even managed to shave my legs--an endeavor that long ago was forgone because Brecken only allows me the bare necessities when it comes to pampering myself.

So now I sit here listening to the hum of one of the kitchen lights, which on most days drives me insane, but today it is a pleasant reminder of the peacefulness surrounding me. In only a few short weeks this serene environment will be replaced with a new addition and family galore, so for the moment I am taking in the hum of the computer, the clicking of the keys, and the thought of eating ice cream without having to share my spoon.

Join me if you wish, but bring your own utensils.

;) 


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. It's a great idea to enjoy the free time of being yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you! It's a hard thing to grasp but it feels so GOOD at the same time. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely right thought that enjoy free time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really wonderful to avoid lonlleness to enjoy free time.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger