The hashtag post {& family photos}

posted on: Monday, December 10, 2012

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
{Bon Ton Photo Co.}

Last week I managed to delete a whole slew of photos from my blog #winning

Have any of you had that little nasty box pop up in Blogger that declares you've used up all your photo space?! The solution seemed so simple--just delete photos from my Picasa Web Albums which would then   create more space for additional pictures on my blog. Don't do it, your pictures will be gone. dissipated. good bye, finito--you get it. Once I realized what I was doing the damage was already done. I briefly thought about throwing a full-blown temper tantrum, the kind where you lay on the floor kicking and screaming, but then I regained my senses again and realized Brecken's mimicking personality would mop up my outburst like a wet sponge. #iamcryinginside So I have been spending the last four days trying to figure out what pictures go with what posts. I've also started to upload my blogger pictures to Photobucket, but the process has added on at least three additional steps. #blah

On a happier note we finally got our family photos. Can I just declare this to the whole word--Amy, you are freaking rock star! You wouldn't even know that throughout a majority of the session Brecken was running around like a mad man, Addison was sneezing and a Fall storm was starting to blow into town. Amy solidified my belief that a truly great photographer is the one that can capture perfect moments within chaos. If you are ever in the Bozeman area and are looking for a wonderful photographer make sure to check out Bon Ton Photo Co. #sheisamiracleworker

Happy Monday.

P.S. if you have any suggestions for my photo dilemma I would love to know!

6 comments:

  1. No clue to the photo storage issue unless you reupload and reconnect the dots on each effected post.... Argh!

    Your family is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!! I actually posted about it here: http://monkeyseemonkeydo-jennifer.blogspot.com/2012/11/blogging-questions-running-out-of.html My solution is temporary and only works if you have been using Live writer for your posts...that program seems to upload 2 pictures per picture and then you can go back and delete one of them. The post shows you how to know which to delete.

    Also, if you use small sized pictures (don't know the exact pixel size) they don't count toward Picasa storage. Apparently.

    But I'm right there with you on this issue. and I am so angry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same problem, I delete a lot of pictures that have been duplicated...my solution is temporary, but 'till now it works.
    Great pictures and you have a beautiful family, congratulations. Julia from BsAs Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um yeah. I'm a winner too. I did the exact same thing. Then I boycotted the internet for a week. I wanted to run kicking and screaming through the streets.
    I ended up signing up for the extra storage. It comes out to about $30 bucks a year, which I suppose in the whole scheme of things isn't the worst habit I could have. Still frustrating to have to pay to blog though.
    I also decided to upload pictures into my Web Albums myself, choosing the smaller file size, so that hopefully my paid-for storage will last longer.
    Great family pictures. I'd love to have professional ones done of the five of us. What a great way to capture a moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How coincidental! I read this post yesterday morning and then I got home and was writing a post last night and this happened to me! To elaborate on what Jennifer said, evidently if your photos are under 2048x2048 they do not count towards your free 1GB limit. I'm going to make a project out of this and try to resize some photos over the holidays when I'm out of work to see if this helps. My original plan is to host on Photobucket as well but seeing as this happened after midnight last night, I was too frustrated to actually get started.

    I'd be interested to hear if you get any other feedback because I'm still pretty angry with Google and don't feel like paying an extra $5 a month (despite the Mr. okaying that expense).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welll...I had this same problem. My blog is just a little old me blog for the fam. I like printing it out in blurb books, though...so I don't want to upload teenytiny web pics. So I paid the 2.50 per month for storage for now so I can figure out the best course of action. annyance for sure. I am so computer savvy-less that I don't know what to do! hah!
    But your family photos..oh my goodness, absolutely perfect! I WISH I could drive my family up there for photos! You all are gorgeous. And in a side note, I think our babes are just a few days apart. fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger