Hair and what not

posted on: Thursday, August 8, 2013


In my next life I may write a book about my hair. Yes, my hair! Why you ask? Oh because my hair has more drama than the girls in a sorority house (no offense to my fun loving sorority sisters (best friend included)). 

The story would be a nail biter. It would be a roller coaster of events full of the ups-and-down of a lonely girl who suffers from abnormally curly/frizzy hair who is in the search of the perfect products and tools to help bring life back to her once wavy and shimmering hair. Naturally, the story would reach a climatic epicenter where I would be at odds with myself, particularly with my hair, and near the cusp of breaking (which in this case would mean chopping). But then out of the blue, or dare I say in the most serendipitous of manner, a hero would swoop in and save the day. 

And just like that or as if my prayers had been answered a real-life hair Fairy Godmother would bring tidings of good joy (and locks of naturally straight hair)! 

Great story, right?

So here's the ditty. I was asked to try the Hana professional hair straightener and it is wonderful. purely wonderful. And I don't say that lightly. Unlike many of the professional straighteners I've owned (which is  five and counting) this one has by far exceeded my expectations. You know how you go into salon and pay really close attention to how your hair stylist does your hair and you even go as far as to by the same products and tools with the hopes of repeating that same blown out affect after you leave. And then it takes you nearly five days to wash the gorgeous locks because you know, and with tears in your eyes, that your hair will never look that luscious and beautiful again (or at least not for another eight weeks).Well that my friends happens to me every time. without fail. Even when I  buy the same products/same straightener/same brush/same ju-ju, it just never looks like the red-carpet hair for days earlier. 

But, and I say this with a "Hallelujah!" this straightener is the closest I have ever gotten to actually getting the perfect look without having to pay the salon price! It has multiple adjustable temperature settings which is a definite bonus for course frizzy hair, because let's face it, curly hair needs some added punch to give it that naturally straight look. It's sleek look and slender feel makes it easy to use and while I am not always the best proponent of safety it has this gargantuan cord so I can simultaneously peer out the bathroom door to yell at Brecken (which never happens, but if it did...) while still managing to curl my hair at the same time. Do I hear amazing multi-tasking? yes.  

So if you are in the market for a straightener that's worth every penny, while also providing stellar straight locks (as well as curly too), this guy is the golden ticket!

Thanks Misikko, you truly are my Hair Fairy Godmother. 


facebook: Misikko (lots of great tutorials and giveaways)







Products were received in exchange for writing this post. All opinions are my own. 




3 comments:

  1. I always think your hair looks so nice (except maybe in the before picture). I too have curly wavy hair, and a lot of it, so it's a pain to do. I tend to keep it short during the school year and grow it out for a ponytail during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! We are in the same hair boat! (Hair boat?) Hair sisters! I am exactly the same way! I"m gonna have to google this flat iron and work it into my christmas wish list! Although I have to say for the summer I ask for a curly hair cut so I can wear my natural (pouffy?) hair without getting my sweat on blowing it out and straightening it! LOL Thanks for the smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estás guapa de las dos maneras!!! (mi pelo es muy similar al tuyo y también me encanta liso) Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger